Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pirate Party


At the beginning of this month I had the pleasure of hosting 16 children, along with parents at my boys' birthday party. I have two children, both born at the beginning of October (3 years apart). So, we always to joint b.day parties for them!

My oldest passing out cookies joined by his best friend
The day was filled with lots of laughter, lots of treats, and a few sword fights!

My youngest with a friend making "Pirate Food"

 It is incredible to think that something to last only hours took countless days of planning and preparation! I made a few of the elements myself, while the rest was created by other amazing craftspeople.

One of my favorite parts of the party, were the goodie bags! I block printed each one with custom made rubber stamps, which I carved myself, of coarse. Each bag was filled with Pirate themed goodies perfect for little ones. For the goodies I looked to my fellow Etsy sellers, and found an amazing array of wonderful items!


Here are a few of the items that were inside of each bag:
1. Skull and Crossbones Soap: Your Little Cupcake 
2. Ocean & Pirate Crayons: Scribble Me Mine
3. Pirate Keychains: Trendy Tz
4. Tiny Pirate Treasures: These Tiny Treasures
5. Tiny Mermaid Magic: Enchanted by Fae
And, what bag of treasure would be complete without Chocolate Coins!?

Ships & Skulls by CookieXchange
 My other favorite element of the party was putting together the table spread! I found all the cream colored table cloths and lace I could scrounge up in my mother's house (where the party was held), and layered them over the table, and hung a few Piratey elements from the mirror. I served Fruit Kabobs, Veggie Cuts and other finger foods.
The highlight of the party was, of coarse, dessert! I somehow had a lapse and forgot to photograph the cake! I think it may have had something to do with the sugar craving children surrounding it and myself!
I did, however, find a moment to show off the amazing cookies that were also a sweet treat at the party. They were created by CookieXchange, also a fellow Etsy seller, and local! She did an amazing job. Yummy and beautiful!


 The Treasure Chest that held the goodie bags was a simple wooden chest, purchased at Michael's craft supply store which I painted to look dark and distressed.


We had a fully stocked Pirate Accessory table. Complete with cardboard swords, eye patches and gold doubloons. 
I made a sword for each child. Cardboard proved to be a perfect sword making substance for a children's party. Since they would eventually bend and break instead of hurting anyone on the loosing end a sword fight.
The eye patches, beard and hat (pictured above) were made by the talented Cassidy of A Rainy Day Play

It was a fun filled day for all!

p.s The super fun nautical t-shirts  worn by my boys were created by Zen Kids


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a blast! Everything looks amazing and I am so happy that I could help provide a few thigns here and there to help make your event memorable.

    -Chelsea @ Your Little Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Sounds like a great party :)

    ReplyDelete