Monday, July 11, 2011

Garden!

About 2 Months Ago
 I am delighted to show off my flourishing garden in these self explanatory photos! 
I realize that this is what happens when one plants, waters, weeds and cares for a patch of soil (with lots of help from Mr. Sunshine!), but it still amazes me to see it occur for me!
I'm not exactly the most experienced gardener, so to see so much green, and producing plants (I harvested my first cucumber 2 days ago!) is beyond exciting!

Today
I've got tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, various beans, a blueberry bush, pattypan squash, strawberrys, a few unidentified inhabitants and borage.

I happen to adore Borage! She and I have a special kinship.
A few years back I had a garden at the home I lived in then. There was huge Borage plant living there. I loved to sit beside it and watching the bees buzz around those tiny periwinkle blossoms.
I wholeheartedly believe that if bees appreciate something it's worth paying attention to! And, I get the feeling that the bees love Borage.
My Lovely Borage

2 comments:

  1. isn't it just magical how nature turns little seedlings for something magnificent? we have a pumpkin in our kitchen garden which has been grown more and more every time i go to see it. i just noticed that you sell handmade rubber stamps, i need to go look at your shop now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comment :-)
    I meant to plant pumpkins too! Didn't get to those this season, next year for sure!

    ReplyDelete